Become a Journey Coach

Friday, August 28, 2015

August KOTM

Today I am sharing my cards I made from this month Kit of the Month.  It was so much fun and full of different techniques.  This first card I got to see a sample of the new mini bow die.  Isn't this just a perfect size for a card.  I also got to see a sample of our steel rule tag die.  Finally I got to try out my coloring skills with our new blending brushes.
On the second card I had fun using my bloom tool to curl up the flowers from our new punches.  I used the large ball stylus to cause the flowers to cup and then layered them one on top of the other.  It adds a nice amount of dimension.

For the third card I played some more with my blending brushes.  I had fun adding some shadows to the image.  The control I had with the inks made this very easy to accomplish.

Finally with the last card we did paper piecing.  It's always so much fun to do that with images.  I just stamped the purse 5 times on 5 different types of paper.  I then cut each section out of a different color and layered them on the one stamped on the whip cream cardstock.  I also added some snips to the feather die to give it a more realistic feel.

The KOTM is so much fun and helps spark your imagination.  You can repeat any of these cards by switching the colors of cardstock or even the image.  See my prior post for a sneak peak of Septembers.  If you want that one sign up now.  They will start shipping at the beginning of the month.  Happy Stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment