Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas House

Today I want to share a project I designed for our 1st Bliss Roadies Christmas retreat.  I wanted to make something fun and festive so I decided to make a single Christmas house with a tree.  Once we put them all together we would have a village.
I started our with a house made from Rock Candy paper and a Denim Days roof and door.  I added vellum inside to cover the windows and then covered the roof.  To have the illusion of snow I layered modeling paste on the top and then sprinkled confetti and sparkle cuts.


Next I added some tinsel twine to the edge of the roof to appear like lights around the house.  I added a wreath to the door with red confetti as holly berries. Using the stamp set Banner Wishes I stamped Deck the Halls for a banner at the house peak. I used a mini brad as the doorknob and added a flameless tealight to light up the house.  To finish it off I place the house on a round mirror and added a tree for background.


Once everyone finished their houses we put them all together to make a Bliss Roadies Village around Lake Havasu. Rose made this beautiful collage of all the houses together.  What do you think?  There are lots more options if you want to make your own village.You will notice some of the trees are a different color.  You can used our Journey Splashes to color the trees and then tap them with modeling paste to give the illusion of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment