Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Scrapbook Expo Card Swap

Hi Everyone, I know it's been a while since my last post.  Time got away from me plus going down with a cold that wore me out.  I'm ready to share again and get back to creating. I went to the Ontario stamp and scrapbook expo. 2 days of cropping and shopping with friends is always a great time. This year a few of us decided to do the card swap class. The only requirement we put on ourselves was we had to make the cards there. I decided I wanted to use my FSJ Poinsettia die for my cards.
So the first thing I did was cut out all my flowers and leaves.  We had to make 16 cards for the swap.  I then used my crease tool to curve all the petals and leaves of the flowers.  I then decided I wanted to add a ribbon as well so I prepared those as well.

I glued my flowers together and placed a sparkle drop in the center. I then stapled my ribbons in place so I could make sure they would retain the shape I was looking for.  Next I place my leaves using a foam square to make sure they had the dimension.

Lastly I glued on my Poinsettia and stamped my sentiment  on the bottom right corner of the card. I trimmed the ribbon after everything was in place to finish them off.

Here is the finished card. I really liked how they came out.  In fact I ended up teaching it in my last Fun Stampers Class.
You can find all the items I used to make this card on my fun stampers website.  


No comments:

Post a Comment