Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Carson Rubber Stamp Show

Saturday I went to the Carson Rubber Stamp show and entered the ATC contest for the first time.  I was having a hard time deciding which card I wanted to enter but I ultimately went for my spaceman.

I embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I then colored the rocket using silver silks and used gold and bronze silks for the flames.  I splattered with silver and gold as well.  I then used my press punch to make some random sized holes around and used Whip Cream ink for the chalkboard technique to give the effect of galaxies. Next I layered my Denim Days card piece on to our new shimmery black cardstock to add some depth to the holes.  Finally I punched one last hole through both layers so one of them would allow you to see the blue layered card behind that one.  Once it was all together I added some Journey Glaze to the face shield of the astronaut and the rocket ship and a few random spots around the background.  I really had a fun time making this card. I hope you enjoy it also.  I didn't win but it was fun to enter.  I will definitely try again next show.

Happy Stamping
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment