Saturday, February 27, 2016

No waste card

Today I want to share a card I made on the fly. I had a downline meeting with my Journey Coaches and we were working on various projects. One of my gals was working on her February bloom box, specifically the background technique using re-inkers on a block and taking the bottom of the bottle to make rings on the background. So after she was done she had a block with ink all over it. She didn't want to waste the ink so she asked what can we do? I took the block and tapped the bottom of the re-inker bottle all over to make a funky pattern in the remaining ink. I then took the block and stamped it directly onto a scrap piece of Whip Cream paper. 
I added a few feather stamps in Hazelnut Blend and the "Your are awesome" banner. I layered the Whip Cream on Sweet Berry  and then added some twine around. I then popped it up on Hazelnut Blend cardstock  and then popped it up on Sweet Berry card base. A few rainbow drops and button to finish it off. It was fun  challenging myself to come up with a drain on the fly. Sometimes its nice to come up with simple cards for any occasion. Don't over think it and just go with what you have handy. I hope you enjoy this and will try it out yourself. 

2 comments:

  1. This is really an interesting topic. I had a great time surfing and found some important tips and information from your blog. Keep it up.

    Bob
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Please stop by again.

      Delete