Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Bloom Girl Hope

Today I want to share the card we will be coloring on Saturday with the ScrapinnLadyz.
I really had a good time color up this Bloom Girl by Jaime Dougherty called Hope. I liked working with different skin tones then I usually use.  The colors allowed for great shadows and depth on this image.  I especially enjoyed coloring the curly hair.  It's so easy to add texture to curly hair and get it to look real.  Tropical colors for the flowers in her hair and the dress she is wearing really pop against her skin tone.  If you would like to join us you can sign up on Meetup.com.  Search for ScrappinLadyz and then look for Copic Coloring class with Nikki Turnour.  You will see this Copic class listed among many others Cheryl offers.  This is a really nice group of ladies that I get together with every other month to teach  new techniques and practice coloring with our Copic markers.  You can find a complete list of copic markers we will be using on my classes tab.  For the background I used a Fun Stampers Journey embossing folder, the doily die and a stamp from the Paris Girl stamp set.  A few additional embellishments help finish off the card.  I hope you can join us for this great project on Saturday.

2 comments: