Monday, August 22, 2016

Hot Hot Hot ATC

Today I want to share the ATC I made for my August Trade.  The theme for this one was Hot Hot Hot so I wanted to have fun with my pan pastels and my Always S'more stamp set.
I started with a dark roast base and then added some Party Pop pan pastels to make the fire glow. I then added some Gold Pan Pastel over the entire piece.  I wanted to soften the glow but still make it look like I had a hot spot.

The next thing I did was emboss the sticks for my marshmallows to hang on in gold. I then stamped my marshmallows on whip cream cardstock and added some brown pan pastel to make them look like they are roasted.  
I then fussy cut all my marshmallows out and popped them on the sticks.  They now look like they have been roasted over the flame.  
I finished it off with my yummy arrow from my punch and added some gold silks.  I just love how the pan pastels look on dark cardstock. So, what do you think?  Have you tried pan pastels yet?


1 comment: