Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Halloween banner

Today I'm sharing a fun banner I made using our dies and Halloween stamps. I started by cutting and piercing the pennant die for my base. I then cut out the spiderweb die to layer over my pretty pansy layer. Next I used our steel rule letter does to cut out the word BOO. I stamped over the top with our eyes background stamp. I popped those up on each pennant. For my end pieces I colored in the trick or treat flying monster and the little mummy ATS stamps using our color burst pencils. For the mummy I used a gray pencil and then used the blending stick to make him look a little weathered.
For my little monster I wanted him very vibrant so I used bright greens and blues. I also added some yellow for his wings.  The colors blended very well. I think it also was a good contrast to his pumpkin trick or treat bag. 
I then used our press punch to make the holes for my limeade splash ribbon. I added some silver sequin thread to the centers of the pennants for a little sparkle. Now I have a festive Halloween Banner to hang up in my office when we have the little kids come trick or treating from the preschool. 
Here is a picture of the entire banner all laid out. We will be making this at the next Fun Stampers Journey class at This N That Scrapbooking in Chino Hill on October 18th at 6:00 pm.  You can call the store to sign up, (909)464-1108.

No comments:

Post a Comment