Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day of the Dead

Today I had s class using our new Day of the Dead stamp set from our Holiday Mini  Catalog. I used my color pencils on the card and treat holder. It's so much fun to color things in with different mediums. For this first sample I used the scallop pocket tag die to make it.
On the candles I used only one blue pencil but by applying multiple layers and adding pressure I got a nice graduated color on them.  For the flames I blended red into orange and then into yellow. 
I loved how my shading came out on my roses and I really loved the red to orange to yellow blend at the bottom of the skull. 
For the treat box I used daubers to color in the candles and added silver silks to the entire project. I also used a white glaze pen to color in the bones and add dots around the coffin. The treat box is made from a die as well. It will also hold ATC size cards if you wanted to give s little gift. I used the snapshot frames die set on the card and for the bat on the treat box. The clouds were also a die. All of these things can be purchased at my fun stampers journey store. The link is on the homepage of my blog. We also have a special going on right now for every $50.00 you spend you will get the Zombie Nights paper pack for free. Let me know if there is anything you would like to make your Halloween treats stand out. Happy stamping
Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment