Become a Journey Coach

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Distress Inks class

I had fun playing with my distress inks over the holidays and have made the following cards for a class next week.  The first 2 cards I used my stains to create watercolored backgrounds and then stamped my images on top.





 I love how the stains can add color and then blend into each other and seemlessly change to the next color. I stamped over the colored backgrounds with my Fun Stampers Journey images.  This technique is really great for solid images that can stand out on the background.

 The last 2 cards are coloring in some art impression images.  I just love this dancer and the funny saying for the inside.



 For this card I used my distress markers to color her in.  I did use my stains for the background and then distressed the edges with the distress ink pads.  The next card used the same techniques but just added one more.

The raindrops are made using a stencil and modeling paste.  I really wanted the additional texture to get the full effect of the rain.  We will be making all 4 of these cards on Tuesday if you would like to join us.  Just call This N That Scrapbooking at 909-464-1108 to register.  You can also see the supply list for the class here.Distress inks class
 I hope to see you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment