Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cookie exchange

On Saturday I was able to participate in my first cookie exchange.  I tried a new recipe and it came out really good.  I made chocolate rolo cookies.  I then used the Advent boxes to package my goodies for each person.  I stamped the boxes with the Thread Sketch background stamp in Oatmeal Cookie ink and the Flower Layers stamp in Pomegranate Splash.

I cut a doily and layered the bread tag on top with the Flower Layers die cut out of Pomegranate Splash cardstock. The tag is cut from Oatmeal Cookie and the sponged with Pomegranate Splash ink. I used the big ball stylus on my bloom tool to add dimension to the flower and layered them all on top of each other. I then die cut the leaves and used the medium ball stylus to add veins to the leaves. I added a sparkle drop to the center and layered that on top of a couple of gold elements and the leaves to finish off the tag.



I then sponged the clothespins with pomegranate splash ink and then attached a Lemon Grass bow to the top.

I then placed my cookies into the box and closed the box up with the clothespin and added the tag to the front.

I really like how they turned out.  These boxes are so great I really think I will be using them alot.  They are just the right size for a little gift and can be decorated for the right occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment