Become a Journey Coach

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

ATC Swap Texture theme

This weekend I had fun working on an ATC swap with a texture theme. I got out my Journey Media goodies and started playing. First I mixed some Journey splashes with a few dollops of modeling paste.
 This let me have some pink and orange paste for my card. I them used my Ring Stacks stencil and spread my sweet berry modeling paste mixture on the bottom of the ATC.
 I then added the citrus cooler modeling paste mixture to the top of my card.
I set those aside to dry while I now worked on my butterflies. I took my brayed and added citrus cooler and sweet berry to a piece of whip cream cardstock. Once I was happy with the blend of the 2 colors I started die cutting my butterfly out of it.
 I cut a second solid butterfly in black licorice to layer underneath. Using pop dots I attached black twine and the butterfly to the top of my ATC. 
Using the banner wishes stamp set with sweet berry ink I stamped Happy Day and fussy cut it out. The finishing touches were some Journey glaze, rhinestones, and some rainbow dots. 
I really like how it came out. Have you tried adding inks to your modeling paste to expand your color pallet?  Give it a try, you might find that you prefer the smooth mixture of the modeling paste and control of the color coverage over spraying your whole project after to add color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment