Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

I hope everyone is having a very Happy Easter. Today I wanted to share a card I made for my down line meeting yesterday. I also want to share my March planner layout. The first project is a card I copied from a demonstration at Be Amazing. Here is the card that was made at Be Amazing

I loved the use of the border die to break up the card. I also loved putting the vine back into place on the negative side of a die. It's always great when you see how to use the negative spaces from your dies. It really shows how diverse your dies can be. Don't limit yourself with just the obvious ways of using a die. So here is my take on the card. I pretty much just changed the colors. I just really loved this card.

For my planner this month I went with the Easter theme. I had fun decorating my dashboard for the month. I die cut eggs and made stencils to sponge Easter eggs on the monthly view while I stamped eggs for the week at a glance. Lets start with the dashboard. I had fun die cutting eggs out of my spring paper pack.
I then used one of my favorite ATS stamps Bunny Trail. I used my blender solutions and re-inkers to color in the flower and egg. On my monthly view page I used the die set favorite peeps to make some egg stencils for the different sizes. I then sponged various color eggs around the page. This comes out light enough so as I write my information on my dates it can still be easily read. I also wanted to mark the days of Be Amazing because I knew it would inspire creativity for me. 
On my weekly pages I had fun with the egg stamps from the favorite peeps stamp set. I stamped off each one before stamping onto my pages to keep them very light. This allows me to write any information and appointments and to clearly be able to read them, but have a beautiful page to enjoy. 
I really love having some fun with my planners and making then more then just a tool to keep me on track. I can now incorporate my creative side to my organization side. I love the blending of the two. I hope all of you planner peeps are staring to have fun with them and adding a little bit of your fun side with your serious side. 






No comments:

Post a Comment