Sunday, May 22, 2016

Patriotic House Trio

Today I want to share the project we made at my May downline meeting.  This month we decided to decorate the House Trio from the main catalog.

We started with a coat of Gesso to help prepare the wood for all the additional layers.

The smallest house I added some huckleberry Fusion reinker to some gesso and sponged on a bottom layer.  I then took the Starburst stencil to add some Journey Modeling paste on top for some additional texture.  I then took a little more Huckleberry Fusion and sponged a second layer on top to cover up the white modeling paste. I added on a couple of stars and a banner to finish it off.


For the middle house I added Candy Apple reinker to some modeling paste.  I had to add several drops to try and get a darker shade to look more like a red.  I used the Chevron stencil to look more like the stripes.  For this one I wanted a little more fun.  I used the ATC Rock On to give it a more playful feel.  I finished this one off with a little confetti, sequins, a few stars and some journey glaze.

For the final house I used the River Stone paint mixed with a little journey gel medium to give an aged look. I then had fun using the gel medium to layer some stars I had die cut our of whip cream, candy apple and denim days cardstock.  I added a little glass glitter for some sparkle and I sprayed one of our white media flowers in Silver. I added a little roof on all 3 houses as a final touch once I was done with all 3.

I think these will be a great decoration for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. These houses are fun to decorate for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment