Thursday, March 23, 2017

Easter Lily Flowers

Today I want to share a card using our Color Burst Pencils.  This card used the color pencils directly to the paper and then pulled out the color with a waterbrush. Once I did the base color I was able to dry the paper and start my second layer.  Using a darker purple pencil I colored in the shadows that were part of the stamped image.  I used a waterbrush to blend those shadows to help add depth to the flowers.  I then took a yellow pencil and made a color pallet on a spare block.  I started by brushing plain water along the outside of the flower and then went back to lay down some yellow for a glowing background behind the flowers.  This allowed the color to be darkest next to the flower and then I could pull the color out until it blended into the white background.
BloggerImage
I then layered the card onto Pretty Amethyst and Sweet Pear to help pop the colors.  I tied a purple ribbon around that layer and popped it on top of the card base of Pretty Amethyst and Whip Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment