Become a Journey Coach

Monday, March 27, 2017

Easter lily

Watercolors are so much fun to do in the Spring.  I think it helps bring out the beautiful pastels of spring flowers.  For this card I made pallets of colors for the Lily.  I started with the lightest color and then heat set that layer.  Next you can come back with the next darkest color for the centers of the flowers.  Since the paper was dry when we applied the next color its easier to get the darkest part to stay in the center and pull out slightly.  I added color to the leaves and then heat set the paper again.  Once the flowers and leaves were all dry I was able to apply a plain water wash to the background and lay down some light blue for a soft background. With having the paper wet to start with the colors flow and blend nicely.
BloggerImage
You should try this technique and see how you can get depth in all your watercolored images.  I finished the card off with our new Banana Stitch satin ribbon and a few rhinestones.  I added a little journey glaze to the stamens on each flower to give them a little depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment